We're to be a light to the world as Christians,right?
Matthew 5:16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Christians are like candles.
1) Candles shine in darkness. Same as the Christian's "light" should shine in the "darkness" of the lost world.
2) Candles still shine even when they are alone. Christians don't have to be in groups in order to be a testimony.
3) Candles shine wherever they're at. Christians don't
only have on set place to be a witness and a testimony, they can "let their light shine" anywhere,everyhere!
4) Candles shine inspite of criticisms. A candle isn't going to quit shining because you criticise it,will it? Neither should the Christian.
5) Candles shine inspite of compliments. Weird thought,I kow. But sometimes,you get complimented on something and you get puffed up and prideful and then you aren't being as good a witness.
6) The candle is always pointed up. Even when you tip it,the flame points up.Christians' lives should point to heaven.
7) The candle's main purpose is to give off light. That's what we as Christians should do. Matthew 5:16.
Remember that you are a "candle Christian"
"This light of mine,I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine,I'm gonna let it shine.let it shine,let it shine,let it shine."