Saturday, March 16, 2013

Look What I got!!

I got a Baldwin Hamilton piano.........from a thrift store!
Last Wednesday, we were going around to different thrift stores that were having bag sales. One store had a piano for sale.
$75 dollars. Very good price for this piano any piano(:
I am just toooooooooo excited! I was needing/wanting a new piano since my old piano is well,old.My old piano has keys missing,keys that don't work,and the damper pedal is broken(aaaagghhh). I still love that piano, it's my first piano.The one I was given on my 12th birthday,6 months after I started learning how to play.
But this new piano, it's smaller(it's a studio, the old one is an upright), all the keys work,and all the pedals work. It's slightly out of tune,but that's no problem.
I'm totally rambling lol.
Daniel says he can refinish my piano for me.Think I should go with the same colour or a different one?
It's going in the girls' room. Thataway,I can play it even when it's dark(where I used to have the piano,there was no light so I could only play it during the day). My old piano,I gave to Daniel(since he's teaching himself how to play by ear) and he moved it into the boys' room.
Weeelllll,just had to share(:
Goodbye, and God Bless!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) So neat. And you got it for a good price, too! Maybe you could go with a bit of a darker color when your brother refinishes it. :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See as i said a darker shade of translucent varnish

    ReplyDelete